The settlement of Dugopolje is located along the spacious karst field of the same name, below the northern slopes of the Mosor mountain. It is a small and dynamic place in the lobby of the Dalmatian hinterland, 15 km from the city of Split, the county center and the largest city on the Croatian coast. Dugopolje has an excellent geo-traffic position, because it is located at the intersection of the state highway A1 Zagreb-Split-Dubrovnik, which connects the north and south of Croatia, and the county highway D1 Split-Sinj, which connects the coast and the interior of Central Dalmatia. So it is located in an ideal geo-traffic location for day trips and short visits to the pearls of the Adriatic and the Dalmatian hinterland. It takes only 15 minutes by car to reach the city of Split and the surrounding places on the coast, while the attractions of the Dalmatian hinterland are 15 minutes to an hour away.
The municipality of Dugopolje was founded in 1997, consists of the settlements of Dugopolje, Koprivno, Kotlenice and Liska, and occupies an area of 63.5 km2 with an area of slightly less than 4,000 inhabitants.
Tourist activity in the area of the municipality of Dugopolje is at the very beginning, but it has great potential in active and sports tourism. The beauties of this area are manifested through the untouched nature of the northern slopes of the Mosor mountain and the famous Vranjača cave in the settlement of Kotlenice - a protected geomorphological monument of nature. Cycling, trekking and hiking are just some of the activities you can do in this part of Dalmatia. Football stadium SC "Croatian Knights" is a place of numerous preparations, tournaments, academies and football schools of domestic and foreign clubs.
Feast of the patron saint of the municipality of Dugopolje and the celebration of "Days of St. Michael and Jerome” are held every year on the 29th and 30th of September, with a rich religious, cultural, entertainment and gastronomic program.
The chapel of Our Lady at the bottom of the field
Along the road Dugopolje - Klis - Kurtovići there is a chapel of Our Lady at the bottom of the field. It is dedicated to Our Lady's visit, and was built in 1923 instead of the older chapel, which used to be located to the east, much closer to Dugopolje field, as its name suggests. It is 4.20 meters long and 3.50 meters wide. Not far from this chapel there is one very interesting thing - the stećak tombstones of a medieval cemetery that still look impressive today, and were moved here from the Kapela site during the construction of the A1 motorway. The feast of Our Lady at the bottom of the field is celebrated in Dugopolje every year in June.
Church of St. Roch (St. Rocco)
On the east side of Dugopolje, in the hamlet of Kute, is the church of St. Roch. It is a single-nave building with a square apse. It is assumed that it was built at the beginning of the 19th century, on the site of an older demolished church from the second half of the 18th century, probably after 1783 when the plague from Kotlenice descended to Dugopolje. So the church was built on the east side of the village towards Kotlenice, which followed the religious logic, because St. Rocco is an essential protector against infectious diseases. In the apse is a stone altar from the end of the 19th century, and on the altar is a wooden statue of St. Roch. In addition to St. Roch, in this church are also worshiped - Our Lady of Health and St. Anthony. The church was thoroughly renovated during the pastorate of parish priest Ljubo Bodrožić in 1983.